MEET MUSTARD SEED ORPHANAGE
Mustard Seed Orphanage combines orphan and widow care. Rather than living in isolation, widows are folded into the ministry of caring for orphans at Mustard Seed. The needs of widows are met while giving them tangible work and ministry after the loss of their own families. And since widows understand loss, they can empathize with children grieving the loss of parents and extended family.
As these widows experience the comfort of Christ themselves, they can comfort these orphans, thus living out 2 Corinthians 1:3, 4. It says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
Mustard Seed is building a community centered upon Christ, one widow and one orphan at a time. Mustard Seed provides food, housing, Christian education, discipleship, job training, and medical care for over 190 widows and orphans. Mustard Seed consists of three houses: Ebenezer, Hosanna, and Mustard Seed. Widows help care for the orphans, enabling these women to be self-sufficient and integrated into the church. The orphanage keeps livestock and grows most of the food to feed the children in their care.
GOD PROVIDED A MINIBUS
Last year’s bazaar catalog included the gift option of a minibus for Mustard Seed. We prayed for this need to be met for years because kidnapping children from the back of trucks happened throughout Myanmar. The government didn’t allow kids to travel to school until the ministry purchased a minibus. Now children can safely travel to and from school.
Pray for staff and volunteers to maintain their Christian witness and integrity amid much opposition, temptation, and corruption.
In addition to prayer, here are tangible ways to provide for Mustard Seed Orphanage as they minister to these kids:
- Blanket and mosquito net: The climate in Myanmar is ideal for mosquitoes to breed. Mosquito nets and blankets protect children from malaria and allow kids to sleep comfortably.
- Pig and two chickens: This gift provides an ongoing food source and income.
- Widow support: Mustard Seed Orphanage supports widows in the community, blessing them with food, essential supplies, and fellowship. Your gift will be used to provide for the needs of widows in this ministry.
- Facility remodeling for church outreach: Mustard Seed Orphanage uses a dining hall to hold community outreach events. Your gift will provide funds to remodel the dining room.
- Where most needed: Your gift will be used where it is most needed to care for widows and orphans.