MEET KENYA NEEDY ORPHANS AND CHILDREN
For 17-year-old Mercy, worry was a constant companion at school. Her mom sold fish in the local market and struggled to provide for Mercy’s family, much less afford to pay the mandatory school fees for her education. Mercy didn’t know if she would be asked to leave each school term because her family couldn’t afford to pay the school fees. Anxiety distracted her as she pondered if today she would be told to leave school.
But after Mercy was selected for an Oakseed sponsorship through RHOC, her days of worry ceased. With her school fees covered, Mercy can focus on her studies and is thriving in school.
Kenya Needy Orphans and Children (KNOC) promotes high school education and post-graduation planning for orphans and impoverished children in Kisumu, Kenya. Children are provided with school fees, vocational skills, and career guidance. In addition, KNOC works with impoverished children and orphans from local church congregations, providing educational and spiritual support to serve the Lord in their churches, career paths, and all of life.
GOD PROVIDED TEEN SPIRITUAL RETREATS
Oakseed’s partnership enabled KNOC to host two teen retreats where the gospel was faithfully preached—not only to the beneficiaries but also to teens from sister churches and the neighborhood.
Pray that students will be lights for the gospel in their schools and glorify God as they pursue careers.
In addition to prayer, here are tangible ways to provide for KNOC as they minister to these kids:
- Basic hygiene supplies: KNOC provides hygiene supply packages to students at retreats and through tutors. Packages include toothbrushes, soap, masks, and feminine hygiene supplies. These supplies are necessary for students to be able to attend school.
- Bible and notebook for spiritual seminars: Your gift will provide a student with a Bible and notebook to use at KNOC retreats and seminars.
- Food basket for students: KNOC distributes food baskets at retreats and home visits.
- Used van to transport students and tutors: KNOC tutors travel by public transportation to visit students at homes and schools. Your gift toward a used van will provide secure transportation for tutors and student transportation to retreats.
- Where most needed: KNOC will utilize your gift where it is most needed for needy orphans and children.