MEET EMANUEL HOUSE
(Quisqueya, Dominican Republic)
Cendy, a mom of a child with autism in the Dominican Republic, struggled to care well for her son, but resources were difficult to find. One day Cendy attended a special training from Emanuel House (EH) that emphasized her son’s value and how to integrate him into society. With support from Emanuel House, Cendy saw a path forward in parenting him.
EH works with neurodiverse children—kids with hearing loss, partial vision loss, physical disabilities, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, and dyslexia.
Resources to care for special needs children are hard to come by in the Dominican Republic. Families don’t have access to the necessary tools and resources and the community often lacks knowledge on how to integrate neurodiverse kids into daily life.
Emanuel House provides training to the community to care well for these special needs children and pairs this care with teaching Bible classes. Additionally, the ministry provides occupational, language, music, and art therapy to children and gives out speech devices, noise canceling headphones, and sensory tools to children as needed.
GOD PROVIDED COMMUNITY CONNECTION FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KIDS
God’s love shines brightly to families and the community through Emanuel House’s special trainings that show the incredible value neurodiverse children possess and ways to integrate these kids into society.
Pray that the training Emanuel House provides to the community on caring for neurodiverse children would result in kids with special needs being loved, supported, and well cared for in their homes and neighborhood.
In addition to prayer, Oakseed’s bazaar catalog offers tangible ways to provide for Emanuel House as they seek to care for the children of their community, including:
- Visual aids for teaching: This gift blesses Emanuel House with pictures, posters, and other visual aids for Bible stoires.
- Volunteer training: Emanuel House provides specialized training for volunteers. This training ensures volunteers are prepared to serve neurodivergent children and their families.
- Special needs resources: Provides Emanuel House with resources like speech devices, noise canceling headphones, and sensory toys.
- Specialized therapy tools: This gift provides Emanuel House with tools to provide occupational, language, music, and art therapy.
- Where most needed: Your gift will be used to purchase resources and serve children and their families at Emanuel House.