Around the globe, Oakseed’s ministry partners bring water to those in need as they offer a drink from the “water welling up to eternal life” (John 4:14).
- For the Lord to show Himself to be the water of life through Oakseed’s ministry partners, bringing many to eternal life in Christ.
- For the Lord to continue providing clean water for Oakseed’s ministry partners to minister to their communities.
Here is a sampling of ways that water allows Oakseed’s ministry partners to bring the gospel to their communities:
Hygiene is fundamental to good health, but people living in slum conditions have little or no access to clean water for even the most basic needs, like bathing, washing clothes, and brushing their teeth. Several of Oakseed’s ministry partners enter this void by providing safe places to bathe and wash clothing.
- Teen Ministry (Egypt) cares for girls growing up in the garbage district of Cairo, which lacks basic infrastructure such as electricity, water, and a sewage system. It is a safe place for these girls to receive medical and dental services, learn about hygiene, receive clothing and shoes, and hear the gospel.
- Sugandh, Calvary Mission Center, and Ashirvad Kanti (India) minister to families living in the slums of Nagpur and New Delhi. As part of their ministries, they provide medical care, new clothing, and hygiene products.
Food insecurity is a significant issue for millions of people worldwide. In addition to providing food to those in need, many of Oakseed’s ministry partners also encourage and promote gardening and the growing of crops to supplement diets and incomes.
- Semear (Brazil) raises gardens and trains their communities in gardening to provide nutritional food, a place of refuge amid harsh living conditions, and opportunities for gospel connections.
- Love Link (El Salvador) operates aquaponic gardens at several feeding centers to provide additional food and income for those communities.
- Jars of Oil Mission Africa (Uganda) assists grannies with gardening to feed their families.
- Mustard Seed Orphanage (Myanmar) grows crops and raises livestock to feed their children.
- MISIUR (Peru) assists communities in growing crops to provide nutritious food.
Clean drinking water is necessary to promote life, and millions of people suffer disease and even death for lack of it. Some of Oakseed’s ministry partners collect and share clean water with their communities.
- Emanuel House (Dominican Republic) operates a water distribution center that provides clean water to the community while raising school funds.
- Reformed Heart Orphans Center (Kenya) utilizes rainwater barrels to protect the land around them, provide water reserves for emergencies, and give them opportunities to bless their neighbors by sharing water.
Oakseed offers opportunities to support these ministries through prayer and general and specific giving. We also publish an annual bazaar catalog full of gifts that Oakseed and our partners have carefully chosen to meet the real needs of their particular ministries. These are blessings above and beyond our ongoing support for their ministry work and are excellent options for Christmas gifts, birthdays, anniversaries, or any other occasion. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request a catalog. Please visit our group gifts catalog page to support these ministries as they bring water to their communities.