Many families worldwide cannot afford to pay school fees or even purchase school supplies for their children. Without these supplies, kids are unable to attend school.
Many of Oakseed’s ministry partners step into this education gap by helping with school fees and providing tutoring, school supplies, and uniforms. They believe that education is vital for many reasons, some of which are shared below:
- As the Bible says in Proverbs 22:6: “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Therefore, the Lord uses education to point children to their only source of salvation – Jesus Christ.
- Education enhances people’s communication skills, enabling them to convey the gospel clearly and compellingly as they seek to call others to follow Christ. It also equips people to defend the faith with reason and evidence, which strengthens the faith of believers and helps them effectively engage with unbelievers.
- Education fosters the leadership skills and qualities necessary for Christian ministry, helping leaders navigate challenges, resolve conflicts, and make wise decisions grounded in biblical principles, whether leading a congregation, mission, or community outreach program.
- Education is essential for helping people rise out of poverty, enabling kids to graduate and find jobs to care for themselves and support their families.
- Education helps protect children from being exploited by keeping them from being used as cheap labor when they are very young, when they are vulnerable to all kinds of abuse.
- Education equips people to guide and support the growth of their neighbors, helping them navigate challenging questions, doubts, and struggles, and fostering a solid and genuine faith. It can also help prevent misinterpretations and the propagation of false teaching, allowing a person to discern and refute errors and protect their community from harm.
- For the Lord to point kids to Jesus as their only source of salvation and raise them to be future godly leaders, ministers, teachers, missionaries, employees, and parents.
- For the Lord to give the children a vision for doing all things for His glory.
- For the Lord to provide the school fees and supplies needed so that the kids can prosper in their studies.
- For the Lord to provide for Oakseed’s ministry partners so they can support their children in these educational endeavors.
Here is a sampling of Oakseed’s ministry partners who provide education in their communities as part of their gospel ministry.
Ashirvad Kanti (India) provides educational and spiritual support for children in their community, starting with preschool and following them until they complete their education at high school graduation. Through long-term evangelism and discipleship, kids hear and see the gospel lived out by ministry workers. Some youth enroll in university after finishing their years with Ashirvad Kanti.
Calvary Mission Center (India) supports children in impoverished areas of Nagpur by funding a school for destitute children, transporting kids to school in rickshaws, and caring for children with special needs, all with the goal of pointing them to Christ as their ultimate hope.
Emanuel House (Dominican Republic) serves over 150 impoverished children from their community, focusing especially on neurodiverse young people, with a school, Bible studies, regular meals, and clean water.
Fountain of Life Christian School (Dominican Republic) is a Christian school with over 50 children attending. In addition to offering an education with godly teachers teaching from a Christian worldview, they provide impoverished students with the essentials to kick off the school year, including a uniform and a backpack loaded with school supplies.
Hanna Orphan’s Home (Ethiopia) cares for children who lost parents to HIV/AIDS by providing a Christian home and family environment. They ensure that children are enrolled in local schools and offer tutoring services, meals, counseling, Bible studies, and summer programs.
Hannah House Family (Burundi) runs a small orphanage where kids attend school and participate in nightly Bible lessons. Their back-to-school initiative searches for children who haven’t attended school and provides the necessary supplies, support, and transportation to continue their education.
Jars of Oil Mission Africa (Uganda) comes alongside grannies raising their orphaned grandchildren, helping enroll the kids in schools and providing school supplies when needed.
*Please visit the blog next week to read about how more of Oakseed’s ministry partners serve their communities in this way.
Oakseed offers opportunities to support these ministries through prayer and general and specific giving. We also publish an annual bazaar catalog full of gifts that have been carefully chosen by Oakseed and our partners to meet the real needs of their specific ministries. These are blessings above and beyond our ongoing support for their ministry work and are excellent options for Christmas gifts, birthdays, anniversaries, or any other occasion. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request a catalog. To give these ministries the gift of funds for school fees or school supplies, visit our group gifts catalog page.