MEET HANNA ORPHAN’S HOME
(Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Mariam attended Hanna Orphan’s Home (HOH) for 17 years—from kindergarten through college! With the training and educational opportunities she received from HOH, Mariam graduated with a secretarial degree and entered the job force.
Each year, Hanna Orphan’s Home’s students graduate and become self-sufficient citizens. In the past two years, 13 students like Mariam graduated from university and found jobs.
Hanna Orphan’s Home cares for children who lost parents to the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Additionally, HOH provides support services to vulnerable children in their local community, including a medical clinic for impoverished families. Children in both programs are enrolled in a local school and attend HOH’s after school program, where kids get a meal, participate in Bible studies, receive counseling, and have access to the ministry’s library. During the summer, children participate in a special program designed to cultivate and explore talents and interests with professionals and culminates with an art and innovation talent show
GOD PROVIDED CARE FOR HOMEBOUND SENIORS
Hanna Orphan’s Home also provides food, medication, counseling, and supplies to homebound seniors within the community.
Pray for the Lord to equip and sustain the house mothers and grow them in faith as they care for the children in their homes. Ask for the orphans to feel loved and know the love of God, their Father. Pray also for the Lord to use Hanna Orphan’s Home to boldly show the power and hope of the gospel to those in deep poverty and brokenness in their community.
In addition to prayer, here are tangible ways to provide for Hanna Orphan’s Home as they minister to these kids:
- Bible for an orphan: Your gift will provide an Hanna Orphan’s Home orphan with a personal Bible for Bible study, retreats, counseling, and personal devotions.
- New shoes: Shoes protect the children from injuries and disease that easily occur in bare feet.
- Art supplies: Hanna Orphan’s Home orphans and community children enjoy art classes and crafts at Bible club. Children can process biblical information in a hands-on way while exploring artistic interests.
- Sponsor a house mom for a year: Children at Hanna Orphan’s Home live in family settings; your gift will bless a house mom with a full-year of salary.
- Where most needed:Your gift will be used to meet critical needs as they serve orphans and impoverished children.